The PIA of Florida is a proud sponsor of the Accredited Adviser in Insurance (AAI) professional designation program. The Accredited Adviser in Insurance program gives you the tools you need to establish a clear professional
advantage in the marketplace and fulfill your commitment to customer service. In today’s increasingly complex
property-casualty insurance marketplace, only producers with in-depth insurance knowledge and a strong focus on
customer service have a competitive edge. AAI gives you the professional education you need. There are three courses with three segments for each course.
required AAI exams earns the Accredited Adviser in Insurance designation.
The three courses are entitled:
- AAI 81—Foundations of Insurance Production- Develop strong customer relationships by building a solid foundation in a wide range of insurance products and services. Minimize E&O exposures by learning how to meet or exceed customer expectations. Increase income potential by enhancing your technical knowledge and skills.
- The insurance business—an overview
- Insurance and the legal system
- Risk management and the producer
- Insurance sales and account development
- Homeowners insurance
- Personal automobile insurance
- Other personal insurance
- Personal financial planning
- Commercial property insurance Part I and Part II
- Business income and extra expense insurance
- Commercial inland and ocean marine insurance
- AAI 82—Multiple-Lines Insurance Production- Write larger and more complex commercial lines with increased
knowledge of general liability, auto, workers compensation, and bonds. Meet needs for complex manufacturers and distributors by learning
specialty property policy forms and boiler and machinery coverages. Complete more accounts by learning to insure exposures that involve ocean marine or high-limit excess policies.
- Commercial general liability insurance Part I and Part II
- Commercial automobile insurance
- Garage and motor carrier insurance
- Commercial crime insurance
- Businessowners insurance
- Other commercial coverages
- Workers compensation and employers liability insurance
- Specialty insurance
- Commercial excess and umbrella liability insurance
- Surety bonds
- AAI 83—Agency Operations and Sales Management - Increase confidence and efficiency through effective sales and negotiations techniques. Improve efficiency by learning to more effectively manage agency operations. Increase customer confidence with heightened knowledge of ethical and professional responsibilities
- Agency formation and environment
- Organizational management
- Agency sales management
- Personal production plans
- Producer-insurer relations
- Public image of the insurance agency
- Agency growth and customer communications
- Market segmentation and target marketing
- Managing agency information technology
- Agency customer service management
- Agency financial management
Facts You Should Know:
We Recommend AAI for: Agents/brokers, agency principals, and customer service representatives
Course Sequence: It is best to take AAI 81 before taking AAI 82. AAI 83 may be taken at any time.
AAI full-length exams consist of 85 objective questions and examinees have two hours to complete the exam. AAI
segmented exams consist of between 15-50 objective questions, depending on the course and segment, and examinees
have 60 minutes to complete each exam.
Click Here For Upcoming Courses In Your Area!
Brought to you in part by: