Making Your Agency Attractive to Secure New Contracts
- What carriers looking for in an potential new contract.
- The biggest mistake to avoid in seeking a new contract.
- The best change you can make to get a new contract.
- How to seek a new contract.
Norbert Kluczynski - Florida Family Insurance
Automating Your Agency Cost-Effectively
- How to migrate your data into an automated system.
- Protecting your data and ensuring that it remains YOURS.
- Save time & money, versus wasting it on outdated systems.
- Using automation in your marketing.
Ken Butler - Evolution Agency Management
Hiring & Terminating Staff/Employment Law
- The most common mistake that will get you sued.
- Modifying employment benefits structure safely.
- Protecting your agency from piracy.
- The Dark Side - downsizing & termination tips.
Vanessa Hodgerson - Fowler White Boggs
Financial Management for Main Street Agents
- Key figures for agency principles.
- The "formula" for success.
- Financial management structure development.
- The secret to profitability in your agency.
Ed Langston - Langston Insurance
Improving Agency Workflow & Efficiency
- The biggest obstacle to efficiency.
- Key tips to improving workflow.
- Creating accountability for your team.
- Solutions for systemizing your agency.
Grace Bauer - The Grace Bauer Group
Carrier Contract Review & Why You Need It
- What your agency actually owns & how to protect it.
- What to watch out for in a contract revision.
- Imperatives for a good contract.
- Tools for negotiating your contract.
Patricia Borowski, CPIW - PIA National
Errors & Omissions Claims Preparedness & Prevention
- Common causes of E&O claims.
- The best kept secret for E&O prevention.
- Defending E&O claims before they happen.
- How to be ready for an E&O claim.
Steve Nichols, PIA Insurance Services
Citizens Clearinghouse: What you need to know!
- How the clearinghouse will work.
- Understanding the clearinghouse application.
- Can you be denied a limited service agreement by a clearinghouse carrier?
- What will happen if there are technical difficulties.
Steve Bitar, Citizens Property Insurance Corp.
Compensation – Avoiding Wage & Hour Disputes
- Pros & Cons of various compensation methods.
- When is someone really exempt from overtime?
- Minimum wage pitfalls.
- Are you at risk for an equal pay act violation?
Vanessa Hodgerson, Fowler White Boggs
Developing Your Agency Marketing Plan
- Why your agency needs a written marketing plan.
- The essential components of an agency marketing plan.
- The best methods/mediums to reach potential clients.
- Avoiding the most common mistake in an marketing plan.
Ed Lamont, Lamont Consulting Group
Selling A Personal Umbrella
- Identifying a candidate for a personal umbrella.
- Explaining the value and importance of umbrella coverage.
- How a selling a personal umbrella helps your agency.
- Does an umbrella make you a genius or a target?
Chester Butler, BuyUmbrella.com
2014 Legislative Session Wrap-Up
- PIA Box Score, How did we do?
- What are the implications of what happened during session?
- What comes next for your agency?
- Where we go from here and looking ahead to next year.
David Daniel, PIA Lobbyist