We will only share your personal and financial information with others, including companies affiliated with us:
- if you expressly authorize us to do so;
- to process or service a transaction or product authorized or requested by you, the customer, such as to compare rates based upon necessary information for proper risk assessment;
- if required by law to disclose such information to appropriate authorities;
- to companies that assist us in marketing our products and services; or
- as otherwise allowed by law, such as sharing with data processors, credit bureaus, statisticians, etc.
We do not share your information with anyone outside of our company for marketing purposes, except at your request. It is possible that other companies may obtain your name and address and other information from other sources and send you information on their products and services.
We collect only the minimum information needed to properly process your request for products or services. We do not collect a lot of unnecessary information solely to make it available to third parties. To the contrary, we collect personal and financial information about you to serve your needs, to protect against fraudulent use of our products or services, and to fulfill legal, risk management, and regulatory requirements. We collect the following:
- Information we receive from you about yourself, your employment, your vehicles, residence, driver license record, and other information you provide customarily to someone when applying for insurance, and you provide to us orally, in writing, or through the internet;
- Information about drivers in your household and their driving records;
- Information we receive from credit bureaus;
- Information from public records accessed in the ordinary course of our conducting our business.
We have established safeguards to ensure the security and confidentiality of your information. We restrict access to your information to our employees who need the information to do their jobs. All of our employees are required to maintain the strictest confidentiality of all customer information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect your personal and financial information. We routinely test our information systems and website to ensure that unauthorized access does not occur.